GUTZyme Assist Digestive Enzyme
GUTZyme Assist Digestive Enzyme
GutZyme® Assist gives you a complete mix of digestive enzymes that support the breakdown of carbs, vegetables, protein, fats and sugars.
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 60
Take 1-2 capsule before each meal, depending on the meal size or digestive support need. For children and sensitive adults a smaller dose may be obtained by pulling apart the capsule and taking a portion of the contents. GutZyme® Assist does not require refrigeration.
To be clear, unlike GutZyme® ReAssist does not contain hydrochloric acid (HCL) or pepsin. GutZyme® Assist is a supplement for people who already make enough HCL in their stomachs
- Provides comprehensive enzyme support for comfortable digestion absorption of nutrients.*
- Gives you the enzymes that support in the digestion of carbs, vegetables, protein, fats and sugars: Amylase, glucoamylase, invertase, lactase, maltase, alpha-galactosidase, beta-glucanase, phytase, lipase, and protease peptidase complex.*
- Gives you three different types of lipase, providing 500 FIP (Fungal Lipase International Standard, or 1 unit of enzyme activity) for help digesting fats. Contains DPP-IV enzymes that may support the digestion of casein and gluten.*
- Is encapsulated in a cellulose, vegetarian capsule.
- Is safe to open and ingest without encapsulation.
- Is free of the following common allergens: milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat/gluten, yeast and soybeans.
- Does not contain artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
- Does not contain HCL (hydrochloric acid) or pepsin.
- Can be used sequentially or in tandem with GutZyme® Restore. Some customers start with GutZyme® Restore and then move onto only GuZyme® Assist after their stomach is functioning well. Some use the two in tandem for different meals over the same day.
Enjoy eating again! Food is meant to be nourishing and pleasurable – not a minefield. With GutZyme® Assist's comprehensive mix of digestive enzymes, you can digest your food with comfort and enjoy eating again!
GutZyme® Assist gives you a complete mix of digestive enzymes that support the breakdown of carbs, vegetables, protein, fats and sugars. To be clear, unlike GutZyme® Restore, GutZyme® Assist does not contain hydrochloric acid (HCL) or pepsin. GutZyme® Assist is a supplement for people who already make enough HCL in their stomachs.
GutZyme® Assist focuses on digestive enzymes alone. And while it has lipase, lactase, phytase and the protease complex found in GutZyme® Restore, it also includes some other more targeted enzymes you won't find in GutZyme® Restore:
For carbs, you get . . .
- Amylase, which is typically found in your saliva, the first step in digesting starch.
- Glucoamylase, which breaks down starch found in most vegetables.
For sugars, in addition to lactase that helps with dairy, you get . . .
- Invertase, which splits common table sugars into fructose and glucose.
- Maltase, which breaks down maltose. Maltose develops in many starchy vegetables like sweet potatoes, nuts and legumes when they're digested or cooked.
When it comes to vegetables, GutZyme® Assist gives you . . .
- Alpha-galactosidase is clinically shown to help reduce gassiness.* How? It seems to break down the sugar-fat complexes commonly found in hard-to-digest foods like broccoli, cabbage, peanuts and beans.1
- Beta-glucanase helps you break down the beta glucans found in heavy grains like oats, barley and rye as well in fungi like Candida.
- Phytase – most plant-based foods contain phytate or phytic acid. Phytic acid can make it difficult for the body to absorb certain nutrients. Phytase cleaves phosphorus off of the phytic acid, liberating the phosphorus as well as other minerals like magnesium, iron, calcium and zinc, making these available to your body.
GuZyme® gives you all these carefully selected enzymes so your body can maximize the nourishment from a real food diet.*
But these aren't the only targeted enzymes GutZyme® Assist gives you...
GutZyme® Assist has DPP-IV Enzymes to support casein and gluten digestion*
The discovery of DPP-IV enzymes opened up a whole new world of potential support for people who have trouble with certain proteins like gluten and casein.* This special enzyme is one of the few enzymes that can help with the breakdown of proteins like gluten and casein, rich in the amino acid, proline. DPP-IV has been shown to help the breakdown of gluten in lab studies. Clinical research on DPP-IV is limited. However, one small trial found that supplementing with a multi-enzyme mix that contained DPP-IV enzymes supported comfortable digestion, as well as cognitive and social health.*
Most health experts recommend using it as a safeguard if you're worried something may contain gluten or casein.* Please understand this doesn't mean digging into a loaf of bread or bowl of pasta simply because you've added this to your supplements.
GutZyme® Assist's DPP-IV enzymes serve more as an additional safety net than as something that can reverse the gluten or dairy challenge you're facing.
Finally, as an added bonus, DPP-IV enzymes also seem to help support a strong immune response.*5 And certainly, that highlights the other advantage of boosting your digestive enzymes...
Digestive enzymes aren't just for digestion
While digestive enzymes play an important role in healthy digestion, growing evidence indicates the benefits are far greater* . . .
- In one double-blind placebo-controlled trial involving 101 children, ages 3-9, half the participants took digestive enzyme supplements for three months. At the end of the trial, the children who took the digestive enzymes exhibited a consistently noticeable improvement in their emotional health and overall behavior as well as improvements in digestion.
Given the role your gut plays in the health of your brain, it's no surprise that a number of studies are showing that digestive enzymes can help your emotional and cognitive health as well.
- Over a dozen clinical studies show protease enzymes may fight inflammation and help with joint mobility.*7 Using enzymes for occasional pain has been linked to not only effective pain relief, but also shorter recovery time.* Professional skiers and hockey players alike have relied on enzymes to help them stay in the sport, despite the bumps and bruises they receive while competing.
***These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.